Dear friends in Portugal,
Thank you so much for warmly welcoming me in Idanha a Nova, Lisbon and Ericeira. My first visit in Portugal was warm and inspiring. I’m making this “Thank You & Follow-up Note” after our meeting at one of these events:
- New Ruralism Conference in Idanha a Nova
- Lisbon University Future of Learning
- Impact Hub – Future of Learning Meeting
- UMA Hub Ericeira – Future of Learning
I would love for us to stay in touch and do things together. My website is www.traianbruma.ro. On the contact page you can my phone nr, email, facebook or twitter.
In our meeting I shared my story, some details about how The Alternative University works, some examples of interesting places around the world where higher education is being reimagined and some hopes for the future. I also promised some links and and offered to host people that are interested to visit us. Here is how you can learn more:
- About The Alternative University you can read on our website in romanian and our facebook page in romglish, or you can watch this 3 minute video made by a visitor or read A Universidade Alternativa da Romênia in portuguese.
- Here is a list of 150 projects I aimed to visit in the learning journey; I will soon publish on my website the list of places that I visited;
- As I mentioned, we also co-founded a formal bachelor in entrepreneurship called The Entrepreneurship Academy (website in Romanian). You can check out more about the model on the website of our partners in Netherlands or the original school in Finland.
- Here are the 7 hopes for the future of learning that I shared; I paste the slide below and you can find the full deck of slides here.
Some other links I promised:
- A movie for kids (and adults) about the oldest democratic school: Imagine a school … Summerhill
- An incomplete list of a few of the books I found useful about learning and education
- My 600+ links on diigo with the tag “learning-architect”
I hope that our paths cross again. Thank you for making Portugal feel so friendly,
One thought on “Follow-up Portugal”
important info and really usefull, can i share it?